ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE



 
 

12 March  2021

ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE 

I've emailed, texted, Facebooked, and else about my art, photography, activities, books, collections, and more to many of you, but now I thought I should consolidate all of this in a blog.  Here's the start.  I expect to update about once a week.

Winter is finally closing up.  As one last winter activity I did a painting for a neighbor.  For a Christmas card for 2020, I painted a scene on 18th St reminiscing about neighborhood snow parties when it seemed like we would be snowed out from work in the morning.  The painting was in gouache on paper. The walking figures were done separately and combined via Photoshop.  Our house in red brick is at the top of the hill on the left.

 

 
A neighbor on the other side of 18th St asked about a painting of that side.  I painted this as a gift, acrylic on canvasboard.
 

Warmer weather posts to come!


 

Comments

  1. Hey Dad, welcome to the blogging world. Have fun. I look forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Paintings Bob. I enjoyed your explanation of the detail and the history

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved these street scenes from my old neighborhood. I wonder if you could create one of our house way back when. The colors have changed. Perhaps other stuff. I don’t drive by anymore like I used to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Delaware's Flag

Not Really Crabs