The Seasons Through the Window


5 April 2021

THE SEASONS

THROUGH THE WINDOW

Looking through the door-window by my desk, I am watching spring emerge.  The changing view of our cherry tree and sweet gum marks the seasonal changes.  Using photos taken through the window, I assembled a “Four Seasons” polyptych photo.

  

The Queen Anne style stained glass border frames the seasonal views.  Our library has two doors and five transom windows with this border.  That,  plus stops in Aspen, Colorado in the 1970s during family camping trips, inspired me to add to our house stained glass, along with other stained glass accessories.  We will share some of them over the next few days.

 Visible in each of the seasonal window views in the photo-polyptych is a glass pendant I made, “Mother and Child.” 

 

 

A polyptych is a set of related paintings or other images framed in a segmented or conjoined frame.  A group of two is a diptych; three, a triptych.  My photo assemblage above, although unframed, I consider to be a tetraptych.  We will visit some of my polyptych and group paintings in future postings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Delaware's Flag

Not Really Crabs

ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE