Pareidolia

 

19 May 2021

PAREIDOLIA

HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU! 

Our brains are hard-wired to look for faces in patterns we see. This phenomenon is called pareidolia  It doesn't take too much to "see" a face.  I amused our kids and grand-kids by showing them the little faces on pansiesI play this to advantage in my painting to make suggestive facial features where detailed representation would be too busy or distracting.

I encounter faces every day.  There's one looking back at me from the railing when I do my end of walk stretches on the Havre de Grace waterfront promenade... 


 There's a face peering up at me from my take-out cup if I pick up a cup of coffee on my drive back home...


 When I get home, my exercise shorts stare back when I hang them up...


 I unlatch the casement window in the bedroom, and - what? - another voyeur...


.Are you seeing faces?  Post them as comments.  Hearing voices doesn't count.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Delaware's Flag

Not Really Crabs

ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE