Ristorante Attilio

Ristorante Attilio


When Mary and I make a last minute decision to go out to dinner, frequently Attilio's, an informal family Italian restaurant in Wilmington, is our default choice.  We often run into friends, sometimes ending up joining them for dinner.  The place sees old couples, young families with kids just after their sports event, office groups, and multigenerational family birthday gatherings.  The room joined with our family in a "Happy Birthday" sing there for my 80th birthday in 2018. When the place is busy enough that we need to wait for a table we often park at the kitchen end of the bar and try to stay out of the way of the busy wait staff.  One evening I snapped a few pictures while we were standing there which I later used to reconstruct the hubbub in this painting.  I gave Mary and me seats in the foreground, and Gabriella was behind the bar, but otherwise the background crowd and the bar denizens are made up. I signed the painting with my initials on a Post-It note on the cash register.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Delaware's Flag

Not Really Crabs

ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE