Carl Larsson Art With My Remarques


 Carl Larsson Art With My Remarques

Carl Larsson was a turn of the 20th century artist in the spirit of the Arts & Crafts movement.  He is best known for his depictions of domestic life at his family's home, Lilla Hyttnäs in Sundborn, Sweden.  We have visit his home, now a museum, and have a collection of books of his art and life, and several prints of his art.

I made two large prints from images on a Larsson calendar which I scanned and printed at high resolution on an oversized printer.  Since the aspect ratio of the images did not correspond to that of the frames I was using, I provided an oversized border on one edge of each and painted on each my own remarques in Larsson's style, themed from details in Larsson's painting.  I've never heard of prints being remarqued by other then the original artist, but I suppose that some have been fraudulently done and passed along as being from the artist's own hand.  I had no intent to deceive; these were done for my own amusement.  Here are the two framed prints and details of the remarques.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Delaware's Flag

Not Really Crabs

ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE