Bridges of the Brandywine


 Bridges of the Brandywine

In my posting last month, The Three Bridges (https://rmw-ramblings.blogspot.com/2024/09/the-three-bridges.html),  I mentioned that that project lead me to investigating all of the other bridges over the Brandywine in the Delaware section.  I visited and photographed all of them and researched their historic predecessors in the photo collections at the Delaware Historic Society and the Hagley Museum Library.  I painted watercolor views of each of them, then using scans of the individual paintings created a pictorial map of the Brandywine.  I had 18 x 24 inch prints of  Bridges of the Brandywine produced.  


The border of the print is modeled on the truss work of some of these bridges.  The legend is modeled on Delaware historic markers.  For display I built a frame overlaid with truss-like metalwork built from pieces of an old Erector set.



I have some copies of this print/poster still available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Delaware's Flag

Not Really Crabs

ART, BOOKS, LIFE, & MORE